Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Phew. We made it.

It's official.
Jet Pilot is done with flight school and is now deemed ready to go out into a real Navy fleet squadron and do what he does best.
Fghter Pilot-y stuff.
He had his "patching" ceremony (when all the newly finished pilots stand in front of family and fellow jet pilot friends, get an embarrassing bio read about them and their time at the training squadron then the Commanding Officer politely asks...does anyone want to claim THIS ONE? To which an actual FLEET Squadron Pilot who just happens to be there speaks up and says...we'll take em! The fleet guy comes up to the newbie fleet pilot (aka my husband) rips off his old squadron patch from his flight suit and puts his new "home" squadron patch on.
It was great. I cried. But I always cry, I'm a sap.
There were embarrassing comments, references to his call sign, and other hilarity through out the whole
process.

And as it turns we are like one of seven pilot folks who are going to this new squadron together. We got into VFA-41 Black Aces out of Lemoore, CA. Which means we are staying here for a few more years!! Yay!! We are excited!

To top it off the Black Aces just got home from deployment this weekend so we went out there to watch all the families of the pilots be reunited with one another. It was so amazing to see kids run to their daddies who they've missed for so long and jump into their arms-priceless. And tear evoking. There wasn't a dry eye on the flight line.
And somber at the same time. It made me realize I'm going to have to bring the helpmeet heat over these next few years in ways I never imagined I would. Let's do it.
I'm always up for a challenge to be better tomorrow than I was today.

Plus, we are going into a good squadron with good people and I am looking forward to meeting other women who truly get the load on my
plate. It will be refreshing. Not to mention a very dear, sweet friend of mine also had a husband who is going into the Black Aces and I am hoping we can spend more time together. I love Mrs. S!

I never thought this day would come. It seemed at times like we (I say we like I actually SET foot in ANY aircraft platform since 2008 when this whole process started) were meant to be in flight school forever. But Jet Pilot did like he always does and worked hard, did well, and owned that flight school business. I'm like, proud-normous of him.
Yeah, that's a word. A compound word. I made it up. Right now.

Jet Pilot, God's plan for you (and us) has been more awesome and amazing than I could ever imagined. Our children are always striving to emulate your intelligence and humor, our friends value your thoughtful opinions and I am so blessed every day to have you as my eternal best friend and soulmate. There is a fantastic plan that has been laid out for us, and I look forward to walking that path with you and our littles.

Now angle bank left, call the ball, and max throttle your spunky, motivated, self into the inner workings of your new "home".

I love you. Good job honey face. Only took 7 years. Lol. **shrugs**


1 comment:

grandmato4 said...

I am so super proud of your family - I wanna see pics!