Saturday, January 7, 2012

Against the grain. The flushing of the toilet grain.

Alright--please tell me I am not the only mother out there who is constantly going behind her children and....
FLUSHING.THE.TOLIET.

It's like my kids shun flushing. It's taboo or something.

I am all for being green, shrinking your carbon footprint, waste less, reuse more but personally I have to draw the line somewhere. And using that shiny silver handle is that somewhere.

Its driving me bonkers!!
(now to the credit of my children--lately I have been a little stressed, under slept and sluggish, but still!)

Tell me to get over it, tell me it's not that big of a deal. It's a menial task that takes .00047 of a microsecond to complete.

So do tell, do your kids also FIGHT THE FLUSH tooth and nail?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You aren't the only mom. My oldest seems to think it's hell on earth whenever I catch her coming out of the bathroom and tell her to turn her little butt around and try again.

Cindi S World said...

LOL, my daycare kiddos! Its so funny, cause we do work towards limiting our water usage, lowering the thermostat, etc., but man, I want that toilet flushed! I dont mind working a little harder for that little extra cash to pay for the awesomeness of walking in the bathroom to a CLEAN toilet at all times!