Monday, August 23, 2010

Late Night Musings

As I sit here on this laptop late after the kids and husband have gone to bed I have these mom musings going through my head...and while they are mostly funny in nature...they also seem to be the most puzzling...lol.  I am going to blanket statement this whole post and say that it is a smidge blog flimflam but better to get it out and off my chest right?  Here it goes..

  • why is it my son who has a plethora of toys/activities/books to keep him occupied is the most interested in jumping off the night stands in my room yelling "WEEEEEE, WEEEE.."
  • my daughter who can recall any song she hears the first time never remembers when I ask her to take off her shoes in the house and put them in her room...
  • or just when Jet Pilot and I think we have a "plan" (and I use that word EVER so lightly, because when it comes to the military you can never REALLY plan) for our lives over the next few months which will eventually lead to the next few years he comes home all starry eyed over the prospect of things changing....
  • or how is it that our "little" dog (who is bigger than our "big" dog) can be soo incredibly bad but one look at that cute, scrunchy, furrowed brow and your heart just melts...(That dog causes us soo much grief...he is a troublemaker...but he is soo DARN cute)
  • and most importantly how is it that I can be surrounded by all this chaos, silliness, moving plans, furry paws and feel like there is no where else in the whole world I would rather be...
10 years ago if you were to ask me where I thought my life was headed the answer I would have given would not have been close to encompassing the fulfilling enriching life I am now leading (isn't being young and dumb grand..or not..lol), and that's the best part. 
Because change IS the only constant. 
Adapting and excelling to new situations are what make me a swimmer and not a sinker-and I like that.  So if that means sporadic Olympic quality night stand jumps or sparkly pink converse near my front door...then I'll take it, because these are blessings, and I have to remind myself that...more often than I care to admit. 

Its always those late night mama musings that end becoming blog posts...now why is that... ;P

LOVE AND LIGHT!!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I look forward to having one of those late night relevations as a mom one day :) not now.... but one day!

Mary @ The Deal Detector said...

Lacey, I, too, have had just about all of these thoughts. Well, except for the "dog" thought. While DH was at DLI, I sent her to live with my dad. :)

Kristin said...

Most of my blog posts are late night mama musings too...I figure it's because I can't compose a coherent sentence while they're awake and running amuck. :) I'm not as good with change, but I'm working on it...and now I NEED to find a pair of sparkly pink Converse for my oldest!

Cindi S World said...

LOL, you are awesome!