Being married to a Naval Strike Aviator is wonderful, but not without its challenges sometimes. Military spouses face a variety of challenges - from being both mother and father when the spouse is deployed to supplementing the family income. Now I am a Stay at Home Mom (thank you Jet Pilot for that!!), but I know quite a few women that are working moms/military wives and its a huge juggling act/stressor. But finding a good job shouldn't be one of them. We move so much that sometimes getting retrained for portable careers and work-at-home jobs is the best option for us. It is why many military spouses go back to school for retraining so they CAN have a job wherever we go. And online schools provide the necessary education that is both affordable and portable. Its a fact that today there are almost 4,000,000 students – more than 1/5 of all higher education students – taking at least one course online. Well Ashworth College has realized that and started outreaching to military wives and mamas!! YAY!!
Some Facts about Ashworth:
- Ashworth was named 2010 GI Jobs Military Friendly School
- Participate in Military benefits and educational programs: DANTES, Service members Opportunity Colleges (SOC) , A.C.E. ,GI Bill, MyCAA
- For budget conscious military spouses, this helps cut down on time away from the family as well as money saved in gas, babysitting, daycare etc.
- PSCing: no worries. Spouses can pause their studies and resume when they a settled in their new home. Because it is 100% online, no more worries about out-of-state tuition or loosing credits due to transferring schools
- Research shows tuition is as much as 88% less than bachelor's degree programs at a traditional brick and mortar institution
- Tuition is as low as $80 per credit hour and includes all books and course materials
- Offers zero-interest financing plus a low monthly payment plan.
- Unlike other programs, you are guaranteed to graduate without student loan debt
- No entrance exams required
- Portable education for portable careers and work-at-home careers
- Choose from more than 100+ nationally accredited career diploma, Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree and Certificate programs for today's hottest and most popular careers, including: Medical Billing, Health Care Management, Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Human Resources, Early Childhood Education, Psychology , eBusiness, Paralegal, and more.
I know personally going back to school for some sort of degree is a intermediate goal in my life right now and after learning about all this from Ashworth, they definitely have become a huge contender for continued education for me. For more info check them out here